November 1, 2012

Favorite Quotation

My favorite quotation would be -

 
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." ~ Mark Twain

My friends are the oxygen of my life. Remove them from my life and I would become breathless. I am a strong believer in friendship and for me, this is the biggest truth in my life.


Books are my best friends ! I would panic if I didn't know how to read or express myself. In the book - 'The Namesake', the author describes books as the mode of travel with which you don't have to move an inch. I couldn't agree less.


It's amusing when the author describes conscience as "sleepy". I believe our conscience dictates our actions based on our choices. The inner sense of being right or wrong helps to define our conduct and motives. Now, if the conscience was put at rest, the world would always appear nice and beautiful.


Tell me, what is your favourite quotation and why?
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment