November 27, 2012

I like fun introductions ...

Today was a fun day at work!!! [Past couple of days have been great at work. And I love the fact even more that I am blogging here about it 2 days in a row... fun times !]

One thing that I observed since my move to this new project, is that I meet new people almost everyday. And they are different from the ones I usually meet from the previous day. So its a new meeting, new faces, new names and new roles to remember for the work ahead.

So after a major deadline in the past 2-3 weeks, things have settled down a little for the team to have time for acquaintances. Today, at the onset of a 2-hour long meeting, the project manager (PM) decided that it was time that everybody loosened up, broke the ice and got to know their neighbors.

And hence, to help facilitate this, the PM started the meeting with a fun introduction round. Not the usual round of name and role details in the project. Today's introduction was -
  1. Your name
  2. The team you belong to
  3. Your favorite vacation spot (a place you have either been to before or want to visit)

At the time of my introduction, I said that my favorite vacation spot is London, UK. No prizes to guess why :) If you missed my earlier post, click here. You can also check out the slideshow on the right sidebar which showcases my favorite destinations.

What was also interesting was that people listed all kinds of places from Miami (Florida), Colorado, Las Vegas, India, California, Hawaii etc. Not many likes for European countries other than my vote for London and a couple others who wished to visit Italy and Spain. The PM himself wished to go to Yokohama, Japan for his favorite destination.

During all this conversation, the PM also asked if the others in the crowd had been to the called out destination preferences. And it turned out I raised my hand on 2-3 instances - like for Kerala (India), Dubai and Europe. To this the PM said - "Looks like GR does a lot of traveling !" You bet, I do :-P Considering I am a more of a nomad these days marking more states on my personal map and moving to new locations every 2-3 months, this is my 2nd relocation of this year.

Hey, I am not complaining as I am enjoying the journey while I can. :)

So tell me, what is your favorite destination spot ?
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment