November 25, 2012

Travel Diaries : London, UK (New Year 2008)

When I read the theme for this week's WOW, I immediately took out my hard disk and skimmed through the gigabytes of photos. I believe in treasuring moments and what best way than to take a snap to capture the memory. It was a tough decision to pick just one old snap of the lot but I did manage to pick one.


This photo was taken at the Big Ben, in London, UK on 1st Jan 2008. I had traveled to Central London with my office colleagues to witness the fireworks at London Eye. A first time of all sorts, this New Year's was thrilling, adventurous and filled with fun. The fireworks that evening lasted for only 10 minutes but the journey there-on has been ever-lasting.

The memories associated with this snap are innumerable. My stay in UK was my most memorable and will always have a special place in my heart.

For starters, it's the first time I traveled abroad to an unknown place all by myself even without friends/family as it was a work assignment. Apart from the travel, there have been many other reasons for which I will appreciate this place. This trip taught me independence in its true sense. I was very confident of one fact in life - that I can never feel confident from within. But after this chapter of my life, I learnt to speak, interact confidently with seniors/clients, and handle things on my own.

Traveling in India had always been a fear. But in UK, I traveled in trains and buses regularly to work which helped me in this aspect. I always shied away from understanding the intricacies of knowing how to handle a house and cook for oneself. In UK, I braved this fear and got an opportunity to explore these areas. The most happiest memory and a moment for utmost pride was renting my own apartment :) Life taught me many valuable lessons in this stint and though it seemed hard at the moment, it became my strength thereafter.

My life changed for the better after this journey and I thank my stars for bringing on these experiences ! :)

Tell me, what has been your most favourite memory ?

**This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment