July 31, 2014

I am done being "afraid"...

Sometimes, I feel life teaches you in the most funniest of ways. 

Source : Google Images

When it gives you an opportunity, you look at it with doubt and assess your abilities. Then you think less of yourself and decide to give it a miss. But life has already skipped ahead of you and thrown it right back at your face. 

You cringe and recoil but to no avail. Then comes the fear that sends countless butterflies flying in your stomach. When you think everything in your life is doomed, you amaze yourself by surfing through the troubled waters with ease. 

Once it's all done with and dusted, you look back and feel proud of your achievements. 

And somewhere laughing from some corner of your heart is your life telling you with a smirk - "See I told you!" 

When Corinne from Everyday Gyaan decided to start the Blog Carnival with this prompt, I felt happy. For once I didn't need to concoct a story or think hard on what to write. 

Because I know my fears well. They have bogged me down for so long that it's become a part of me. But now it's high time I shed them away. 

If I wasn't afraid - 
  • I would embrace failure with open arms. Yes, I would. The fear of failure has stopped me every time I craved for a new beginning. What if I don't succeed? This question has been the first thought to pop in my mind whenever I decided to look for a new venture. But going forward, I have resolved to strive for success and embrace failure. They don't say - Failure is good for success - for no reason, do they? :) 
  • I would stop doubting myself. Am I good enough? Really? Every time I sail through a problem it makes me strong and feel hopeful that the next time it's going to be cakewalk. Only it isn't. The problem could be tiny but the doubt that settles in my mind about my capabilities seems larger than the problem itself. My inbuilt capabilities are what I possess but whatever I lack can definitely be learnt or improved on. That's my new motto every time a streak of confidence dips low.
  • Stop believing in my fears. I acknowledge that certain fears are bound to exist in life and choose leave it at that. No one wants to see our fears being an integral part of our lives so much so that we think twice before walking on our own. I felt truly inspired from an earlier post this month about fears. Ever since that post, my favourite quote to carry always with me is - Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. Doesn't the tag line itself speak a thousand words?


Remember, your problems are only as big as you make them.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?


Write Tribe


Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

                          **Linking to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and BlogHer - NaBloPoMo**
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with the introduction. So so true!
    This is my first visit to your blog. You write really well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has these fears.. you are not alone... keep writing, and the second fear will vanish on its own.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel the fear and do it any way sends a strong and a positive message.
    people have to face failure , success, love, relationships and thus fear becomes an integral part of life. Accept the fears and battle them to win over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pointers for thought. I agree fear does make us walk ahead...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very true, our fears are only as big as we make them. I agree with every word of yours here. The fear of failure is as omnipresent as failure itself, and if we didn't doubt ourselves, we could get many things done !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could relate to your beautifully worded post. If I was a little more brave - I would do those things too. Very nicely written!

    ReplyDelete