April 6, 2015

Eloquence #AtoZChallenge

Source
Elegance is a flair,
Lasting radiance you exhibit.
Ordinary is all too mundane,
Quirky or surreal, I wish to choose.
Ubiquitous as you are,
Expressions comes easy to you.
Nothing surpasses your grace,
Charismatic in your personality,
Everything I am is you.

This kind of poem is called an "acrostic poem" where the first letters of the lines spell out a word or words if you read them vertically. The word spelled out here is ‘ELOQUENCE’. 

Expressions of life are very important to me. I choose to lose myself in activities that help bring out the expressions in me. Be it through dance, music, speech or writing, I constantly strive to express my thoughts and feelings to help capture my emotions. 

**This post is part of the A to Z April Challenge and the Ultimate Blog Challenge.**

**My theme for the A-Z April Challenge is "26 Days of Eloquent Writing".**




 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

9 comments:

  1. wow, that's very creative to write a poem like that. I can only express my thoughts through writing and usually my fiction stories are inspired by my thoughts or about the people I see in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prasanna. Any kind of expressive writing is creative :)

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful poem and picture. I'm enjoying reading the prose you create for each of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first exposure to an acrostic poem. Well written, EM. Thanks for sharing. :)
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a first attempt too, Shanaya :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. An exquisite poem: how lovely! :) I too, like you, find expression important. For me, it used to be more often through dance but now channelled into writing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly ! :) Dance was always the primary channel for me to express my feelings until I got back into writing again. So just go ahead and create your expressions the way you like it :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Nicely penned, EM. I didn't know about acrostic poems before. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete