April 18, 2015

Parenthood #AtoZChallenge

Dear Baby Girl,
“Just when I thought I knew,
What ‘loving someone special’ meant, 
You entered my world,
And redefined love.” 

If I thought I could stay annoyed with you for a mischief you did, then I was so wrong. It will always be a feat unaccomplished because I only need a smile from you to watch myself crumble to bits.

If hopscotch and hide-n-seek were easy games I played as a child, I now know what it takes to play peek-a-boo in the middle of the night.

If watching you cry for 5 minutes after your first shots made me shake, then the very next moment you made me look dazed and feel proud of how well you handled pain. For sure you are better than me. :P

If excelling at my exams or achieving that raise at work was how I cherished moments earlier, I surely didn't know what an achievement was. Watching you learn to flip over, crawl, walk and run suddenly seem like bigger milestones now.

Being a parent has been one of the greatest gifts in my life. I finally experience what it feels like to have my a part of my heart live outside my body.

"As the days whiz by, 
All I wish is to be able to treasure,
Every moment of your growth, 
And turn into an everlasting memory."
  

**This post is part of the A to Z April Challenge and the Ultimate Blog Challenge.**

**My theme for the A-Z April Challenge is "26 Days of Eloquent Writing".**

 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

9 comments:

  1. SO very beautiful and exactly how I feel. Some days you just need reminders like these :) Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! :) Wishing lots of happiness in life to baby EM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, I feel the same looking at my daughter. It's as if you are living your whole life again through their eyes. And the journey only gets better:) So here's to great fun filled parenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true. A child changes everything. Despite the exhaustion, physical discomforts, demanding schedules... a child's smile, sweet babble, hug, a small achievement... makes everything so beautiful and worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, EM. Loved the verses at the end. :)
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    A very nice posting. You should save it and present it to your daughter once she has become a woman. She will appreciate it.
    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.
    Shalom,
    Patricia at Everything Must Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartfelt. Beautifully written, EM.

    ReplyDelete